Family STAR (Support, Training, Assistance, and Resources)
Family Support, Training, Assistance, and Resources (Family STAR) is the Family to Family (F2F) Health Information Center of Florida and is funded by a grant from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Administration and Child Health Bureau/Division of Services for Children with Special Health Needs.
This program will assist families of Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN) to make informed decisions about health care for their children, providing:
So that families can be effective partners in health care decision making at all levels and report satisfaction with the services they receive.
- partner in all levels of the decision making process;
- through medical home, have access to comprehensive health and related services;
- be able to obtain early and continuous screening, evaluation, and diagnosis;
- have the information to ensure adequate public and/or private financing of the services they need;
- have access to community services that are organized so that families can use them easily; and
- receive services and resources so that they can successfully transition to all aspects of adult health care, work, and independence.
Workshops the Family STAR Program offers:
- Welcome to ESE
- Transition from IFSP to IEP
- Self - Determination
- Understanding ADHD
- Positive Behavioral Supports
- Healthcare Transition Planning with Sticky Notes
- Section 504
- Beginning the Journey I, and II
- The Nuts and Bolts of Starting a Support Group
- Transition from Pediatric to Adult Health Services
- A Parent to Parent Support Group
- Understanding Healthcare Issues
- Understanding the Service System
- Planning is Crucial, Wills, Trust, and Guardianship
- Tools for Independence
- Involve the Whole Family
- Patient Protection and the Affordable care Act - 101
- Planning for the future; Accessing CDC Plus, Waiver Services, University/College Services, and Transportation.